Why we love it
From the North with dozens of mantas to the remote Equatorial South famous for its big pelagics, you’ll find an itinerary that suits your wishes even if you’ve been to Maldives before! We love the founders' commitment to developing safe and fun liveaboard trips for the past 30 years. Get ready to dive with plenty of sharks, observe beautiful mantas, snorkel with whale sharks, and swim among plenty of tropical fish! We love the excellent value of these trips, and the friendly crew on board.
The team conducts regular ocean clean-ups. The company supports numerous NGO’s such as Sea Save Foundation, the Turtle Foundation, Green Fins, and more.
Who is it for?
For divers who want to dive in warm waters and see some big pelagic. Contact us to find an itinerary that suits your experience level.
Prices and Dates
Contact us and we’ll tell you which itinerary is available on your preferred dates:
- The Best of the Maldives: Rasdhoo Atoll, North & South Ari Atolls, Vaavu Atoll, North & South Male Atolls
- Deep South & Southern Sharks: Laamu Atoll, Huvadhoo Atoll, Foammulah Island, Addu Atoll
- Hanifaru & North: Baa Atoll, North Male Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
- Pelagic Magic: North & South Ari Atolls
- Sharktastic: South Male Atoll, Vaavu Atoll, South Ari Atoll, Meemu Atoll
- South Central Atolls: North & South Male Atolls, Vaavu Atoll, Meemu Atoll, Thaa Atoll, Laamu Atoll
- Northern Hi-Lights: North Male Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll, Baa Atoll, Rasdhoo Atoll, North Ari Atoll
- 7 nights in a Twin or Double Cabin
- 17 to 22 dives over the course of six days (depending on the itinerary - ask us)
- Three meals a day, afternoon snacks, unlimited drinking water, tea, coffee, glass of wine with dinner
- One barbecue dinner on local island (weather allowing), and one land visit
- Guide, Tanks and weights
- Separate diving dhoni
- Government taxes and bed tax
- Transfers from and to Male airport on first and last days
- Soft drinks, juices, alcoholic beverages
- Rental equipment, dive courses
- Crew tips
- Any flight or any hotel before/after the liveaboard
With more than 26 atolls, the Maldives offers an incredible diversity of corals and fish, with up to 2000 species spotted so far.
In Central atolls, you’ll get to dive at manta rays cleaning stations, and snorkel with whale sharks at famous South Ari Atoll.
If you choose to go to the Northern atolls, you’ll dive in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with one of the largest coral reefs diversity of the Indian Ocean.
If encounters with big pelagic is your thing, then consider going on a longer trip to the Southern atolls: the little Galapagos of the Indian Ocean! Thresher sharks, tiger sharks, schools of great and scalloped hammerheads, oceanic mantas, mobula rays, whale sharks and mola-mola, you can see it all!
- Season: Central atolls and Far North: year round, with the best time being from November to May. For the South, October to April is the best time to go.
- Currents: can be moderate to strong in a few well-known sites
- Visibility: 15 to 40 m (50 to 131 ft)
- Water Temperature: ranges 26° to 29°C (79° to 84°F) in North and Central atolls, and 25° to 30°C (77° to 86°F) in the South
- Depth: shallow and deep dives
All over Maldives, you’ll dive in a fantastic topography with plenty of swim-throughs, pinnacles, caverns, overhangs, and coral gardens.
In Central atolls, some of the famous dive sites you’ll visit are Okobe Thila in North Male Atoll, Kandooma Thila in South Male Atoll, Broken Rock, Kudarah Thila and Maaya Thila in South Ari Atoll.
In Northern atolls, some of the famous dive sites you’ll visit are Fotteyo Kandu in Vaavu Atoll, Hanifaru Bay in Baa Atoll and Kuredu Express in Lhaviyani Atoll.
In Southern atolls, you’ll get to dive around renown Fuvahmulah Atoll.
Dive sites may change according to local conditions
- Operation created in 1992
- Number of boats: 8
- PADI courses - ask us
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, German
- Equipment Recommended: a 3mm to 5mm wetsuit, depending on the time of the year
- Insurance: both dive insurance and travel insurance are mandatory. We recommend DAN Europe that has plans to cover both - ask us for a quote
- Nearest Hyperbaric Chamber: at Bandos Island Resort in Kaafu Atoll, Kuramathi Island Resort in Ari Atoll or Kuredu Island Resort in Lhaviyani Atoll
Visas, flights, and more!
- You must have a passport valid for at least six months, a pre-paid or booking accomodation proof, sufficient funds for your stay, and a return ticket.
- Tourist visa is granted for all nationalities, on arrival, for up to thirty days.
- Please check current visa policies that apply for your country: Maldives Immigration website
How to get there
- Fly to Maldives capital city Male (MLE).
- The liveaboard team will pick you up at midday and at 16:00 free of charge.
- On the last day, you’ll be at the airport by 07:30am.
- Bring some reef-safe sunscreen, a hat and a rash guard to protect from the sun, and some mosquito repellent. Bring a pair of conservative clothes covering your legs and shoulders, as you may visit a village-island.