Nestled deep in an archipelago of uninhabited islands, this luxury eco-resort is in the very epicentre of marine biodiversity: Misool, South Raja Ampat. Located in a gorgeous island in a region known for its superb dives, this boutique eco-resort managed to install a Marine Protected Area since 2005. Its foundation is recognized globally for its positive impact in Raja Ampat. Awarded several times by National geographic or again Travel & Leisure, this is a journey in paradise that you will remember for long!
Misool Foundation established the Marine Protected Area in 2005 and operates a patrol to enforce our No-Take Zone, several social and educational projects in the villages. For every diver that visits, 50 USD is given back to the Foundation. It is also supported by many NGO’s such as Conservation International, WildAid, The Nature Conservancy, Manta Trust, Mac Arthur Foundation…
For passionate divers who want a treat. Advanced divers preferently since strong currents are frequent.
Non-diving partners are welcome: spa, kayak, snorkeling with baby black tip sharks in the lagoon, village tour, romantic beach castaway experience, traditional cooking class, jellyfish lake adventure… Also an excellent choice for a family holiday or a romantic escape.
We ask all guests to spend one night off-gassing in Sorong following their stay at Misool Eco Resort and fly the following day. It is the +1 in the above table. The hotel night in Sorong following the trip is included in the package price, along with breakfast, transfers, and all government taxes.
0 to 5 years old: free of charge
6 to 12 years old: 50% of adult rate
13 to 15 years old: 75% of adult rate
Baby-sitting: USD 10 per hour, or 45 USD for a 7-hour day and a minimum of 4 full days
- Accommodation on a Water bungalow or a Villa depending on your preference
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks, drinking water, coffee and tea
- Free local use of kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards
- Free 15-minute massage after first dive - subject to availability
- Snorkeling on the House Reef and with baby sharks in the North Lagoon
- A series of evening educational lectures in our Dive Centre
- Sorong Airport pick-up and porter service, transport to the harbour on scheduled transfer days
- Hotel accommodation and breakfast in Sorong for one night following your stay at Misool Eco Resort on scheduled transfer dates
- Government tax is included in the package price.
In the Dive package, with additional cost:
- tanks, weights, expert guides, fuel, free Nitrox for qualified divers.
- The first dive ‘Check Dive’ is not counted as part of your package, but all other House Reef and boat dives are counted.
- Government tax and service charge is included in the package price.
What’s not included?
- Speedboat transfer from Sorong to our resort island. The cost is USD 335 per person per return trip on scheduled departure dates.
- Equipment rental. To avoid disappointment, please advise us at the time of booking if you require any rentals - supplies are limited. Please note that we do not rent wetsuits, mask, or fins, so you will need to bring those with you.
- Each guest (whether diving or not) must purchase a Raja Ampat Marine Park Entry permit. This is available for 1,000,000 IDR (about USD 73), or 500,000 IDR for Indonesian nationals. The tag is valid for one calendar year. The resort can arrange this for you if you need it.
- Most other excursions, like visits to the petroglyphs, kayaking tours, standup paddle boarding tours , private beach picnics, etc. Some are free of charge for guests booking unlimited dive packages.
- Dinner in Sorong before departing.
- Spa services.
- Alcoholic beverages. We have beer and a selection of imported wine available for purchase.
- Internet usage. Our satellite connection provides us with very limited bandwidth. You may connect to the internet with your own device in the Dive Centre at a rate of USD 0.37 per minute. Or you may purchase unlimited usage for USD 55⁄7 nights, USD 72⁄9 nights, and USD 85⁄12 nights. The first 10 minutes are free so you can test the speed for yourself.
- Flight tickets and overnight-stays at hotels, other than the night following your departure of the eco-resort