Why we love it
After a week in Sebayur island, you will feel regenerated. Forget about the hords of tourists, this dive resort is the only one on the island! With 16 bungalows, it is located close to the best dive sites of North Komodo. Famous for its dragons, Komodo National Park is also a paradise for macro and pelagic lovers, with its majestic manta rays. At night, watch the sunset on Komodo island from the beach bar. Whether you want to be active or just chill out, everything is possible!
The buildings are made in teak wood that either has been recycled or comes from controlled plantations.
Who is it for?
For both pelagic and macro lovers, you must be prepared to face strong currents, sometimes up and down currents. Non-diving partners are welcome as other activities are possible: spa, snorkeling, open-air small gym, daily excursions in Komodo park, Komodo dragons in Rinca island.
Prices and Dates
Kids from 0 to 2 years receive a discount per night.
- Beach front bungalow with either double or twin bedded. Private bathroom with hot water. Air conditioning, fan, minibar, wifi, and a spacious terrace with sea view
- 3 meals a day, coffee and tea at meals and drinking water 24 hours. Continental and indonesian breakfast buffet, Indonesian lunch and Italian dinner
- Diving package includes 2 morning boat dives. Additional dives possible upon request with additional cost
- Airport pick-up and transfer by car to the resort office in Labuan Bajo
- Free shuttle boat from Labuan Bajo harbour to the Resort and back
- The Komodo Marine Park Fee : per person per day
- Rental Equipment, Diving Courses, Extra trips and excursions - request a quote
- Alcoholic drinks
- Exceptional transfers
- Flights or overnight-stays at hotels in Labuan Bajo
- Komodo National Park is a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO
- Komodo national park is right on Lintah Straight, where the Indian and Pacific Ocean meet. With 3 straits, the waters converge daily forming a nutrient rich blend that attracts a full array of marine life.
- More than 1,000 species of fish, some 260 species of reef-building coral and 70 species of sponges.
- Sharks, manta rays, at least 14 species of whales, dolphins, dugongs, sea turtles, giant trevally, schools of Anthias, Wrasses, Angel fish, Giant Trevally
- Season: high Season from April to December
- Currents: strong currents all year long as this is where the pacific and indian ocean meet. Frequent up and down currents. Strong tidal movement depending on the moon.
- Visibility: 25 to 35 m (80 to 115 ft)
- Water Temperature: 27° to 28°C (81° to 82°F)
- Depth: deep dives mostly
- Located at the heart of Lintah strait, with most famous dive sites of North Komodo nearby - definitively less time spent on the boat than if you go diving from Labuan Bajo!
- 17 close-by top dive sites you can reach between 20 minutes to one and a half hour boat ride
- Up to 4 dives a day
- Dive sites: Batu Bolong, Castle rock, Crystal rock, The Cauldron, Toko Toko, The Golden passage, Tatawa Besar, Tatawa Kecil, Makesser reef or Manta point, Sebayur central, Sebayur west, Mawan, Siaba Besar, Siaba Kecil , Pulau Tengah, Lonely Tree, Winilu
- Operator with over 15 years of experience on the area
- 4 boats
- PADI dive resort
- Courses from beginner to divemaster
- Instruction in English, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch, German and Indonesian
- Maximum 5 guests per dive guide
- Equipment Recommended: dive computer, surface marker buoy (SMB), and a whistle
- Insurance: Both dive insurance and travel insurance are mandatory. We recommend Dive Assure that has plans to cover both - ask us for a quote.
- Nearest Hyperbaric Chamber: Siloam Hospital installed a new chamber on Komodo in 2019
Visas, flights, and more!
- Many nationalities are eligible to enter and remain in Indonesia without a visa for 30 days. Others need to obtain a Visa on Arrival for 30 days at the major entry points to Indonesia. Visa on Arrival costs and usually can be extended for another 30 days.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have one full blank page
- Must be able to show an onward ticket that departs before your visa expires
- For official entry requirements for your nationality, consult Indonesia's Directorate General of Immigration
How to get there
You need to go to Labuan Bajo, on Flores island, Indonesia:
Operating companies are Garuda, Wings Air or Lion Air. There are about 6 flights per day from Bali to Labuan Bajo (1h25 min flight time)
Next step is reaching Sebayur island: airport pick-up and transfer by car to the resort office in Labuan Bajo is included. There is a once a day free shuttle boat from Labuan Bajo harbour to the Resort on Sebayur island. From Labuan Bajo to Sebayur: departure at 12:45pm. From Sebayur to Labuan Bajo: departure at 07:30am. Travel time: 1h30min. Different schedule or faster boat (35 min) are available with a surcharge and upon request
- Don't forget your walking shoes for Komodo National Park
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, mosquito repellent, a rash guard, and a sweater or light-weight jacket