Why we love it
Embark on an adventure in a fantastic vessel. The phinisi has been built in 2017 following traditional techniques, and it includes all modern comfort. It only has five cabins and the program can be tailored to the guests wishes. You will be able to dive and explore Komodo National Park, with its famous dragons. There is also a yoga deck, a stand-up paddle and some kayaks for when you’re not diving.
Solar pannels on board and energy-efficient engine. Reef-friendly soap in every cabin.
Who is it for?
A perfect cruise for non-divers and divers! Many activities available during the trip: visit of Rinca island, treks, kayaking, snorkeling, stand-up paddle, yoga. Kids welcome on board.
Prices and Dates
Non-divers have a discount on the price of the trip
- 4 nights and up to 13 dives, 5 nights and up to 16 dives, or 6 nights and up to 20 dives
- Transfers from/to the airport or hotels in Labuan Bajo
- Three meals a day (indonesian and international food) and snacks
- Non-alcoholic drinks: mineral water, soda, juices, coffee and tea
- Tanks, weights, weight belts
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Water sports (kayak and stand-up paddle board)
- Yoga cruise from August 5th to 10th, 2020
- National park fees: per day
- Alcoholic beverages
- Rental equipment ( for a full set per day or per item per day)
- Nitrox fills
- Dive courses
- Crew tips ( per guest per day recommended)
- Fuel surcharges if applicable
- Any flights or hotels before/after the cruise
- Komodo National Park is a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO
- On Lintah Strait, bringing currents, plankton and life
- More than 1,000 species of fish, some 260 species of reef-building coral, and 70 species of sponges
- Dugongs, sharks, manta rays, at least 14 species of whales, dolphins, sea turtles, giant trevally
- Schools of anthias, wrass, angel fish, long fin banner fish, red tooth triggers, frog fish, surgeon fish, snapper, dog tooth tuna
- Rare nudibranchs, pygmee seahorse, leaf scorpion fish, blue ribbon eel, black sand diving
- Season: from May to October
- Currents: strong currents all year long. Frequent up and down currents. Strong tidal movement depending on the moon
- Visibility: 25 to 35 m (80 to 115 ft)
- Water Temperature: 26° to 28°C (79° to 82°F)
- Depth: deep and shallow dives
- You will dive in North Komodo mostly
- Dive sites frequently visited are: Sebayur Kecil, Pulau Tengah, Pillarsteen, the Three Sisters, Pantai merah, Pulau Sabita, Pulau Sabah, Karang Makassar, Batu Blong, Pulau Tatawa, Pulau Gilli Lawa, Golden passage, Crystal Rock, Castle Rock
- Dive sites may change according to local conditions
- Operation in the area since 2013
- Courses available on board: PADI Dive courses
- Languages spoken: English, French, Indonesian on all trips
- Maximum number of people per guide: 5 guests
- Equipment Recommended: 3 to 5 mm long wetsuit, dive computer, surface marker buoy (SMB), whistle, plus hood, gloves and booties for cooler waters. Nitrox recommended
- Insurance: Both dive insurance and travel insurance are mandatory. We recommend Dive Assure that has plans to cover both - ask us for a quote
- Nearest Hyperbaric Chamber: Denpasar, Bali
Visas, flights, and more!
- Many nationalities are eligible to enter and remain in Indonesia without a visa for 30 days. Others need to obtain a Visa on Arrival for 30 days at the major entry points to Indonesia. Visa on Arrival costs and usually can be extended for another 30 days.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have one full blank page
- Must be able to show an onward ticket that departs before your visa expires
- For official entry requirements for your nationality, consult Indonesia’s Directorate General of Immigration
How to get there
- International flights to Bali and then a local flight to Labuan Bajo Flores, Indonesia.
- Transfers included from/to the airport or hotels of Labuan Bajo
- Boarding time is usually before 10am
- Arrival last day: between 3 to 4pm
- Don’t forget your walking shoes for Komodo National Park
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, mosquito repellent, a rash guard, and a sweater or light-weight jacket