It’s no wonder Komodo is one of the top destinations of Southeast Asia! Its marine life will please both macro and pelagic lovers alike - but did you know there’s more than just Komodo? In this trip you’ll embark on an adventure! Starting from Bali, you will navigate along the not-so-touristic north coast of Sumbawa and Nusa Tenggara. Dive at Moyo island, Satonda island and Gili Banta. While reaching Komodo National Park you will dive in its most fantastic spots. Discover stunning islands and search for the famous Komodo dragons. We like that you don’t have to fly back from Komodo to Bali, but instead cruise and dive some more until you’re back!
No plastic bottles used on board. Support of the Misool foundation in Raja Ampat.
For advanced divers who enjoy diversity and strong currents. Other activities available during the trip: visit of a local village, watch the sunset on stunning scenery, excursion at Komodo National Park to see its dragons.
Choose the length you prefer: 8 days/7 nights or 10 days/9 nights
- 8 days/7 nights with 20 dives or 10 days/9 nights with 28 dives (depending on the trip you choose)
- Transfers from/to the airport or hotels in the south Bali area to the boat - Airport, Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Kuta Beach, Seminyak, Benoa, Sanur Beach.
- All meals & snacks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soft drinks and drinking water,
- Tanks, weights, weight belts
- Diving with experienced Dive masters/Instructors.
What’s not included?
- Transfers to the boat outside Bali south area - ask us
- National park/port fees: 175 euros for 8 days/7 nights and 200 euros for 10 days/9 nights
- Fuel surcharges if applicable
- Nitrox fills
- Rental equipment
- Dive courses
- Crew tips
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any flight or any hotel before/after the liveaboard
- Komodo National Park is a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO
- On Lintah Strait, bringing currents, plankton and life
- More than 1,000 species of fish, some 260 species of reef-building coral, and 70 species of sponges.
- Dugongs, sharks, manta rays, at least 14 species of whales, dolphins, sea turtles, giant trevally,** schools of anthias, wrass, angel fish, long fin banner fish, red tooth triggers, frog fish, surgeon fish, snapper, dog tooth tuna…
- Rare nudibranchs, pygmee seahorse, leaf scorpion fish, blue ribbon eel, black sand diving…
- Season: from June to November
- Currents: strong currents all year long. Frequent up and down currents. Strong tidal movement depending on the moon.
- Visibility: 25 to 35 meters
- Water temperature: 26 to 28 degrees Celsius in North. Sumba sea: 24 degrees Celsius.
- Depth: deep and shallow dives
- You will dive all along your journey from Bali to Komodo and back.
- Choose the liveaboard length you prefer: 8 days/7 nights or 10 days/9 nights
8 days/7 nights, 20 dives: Moyo Island, Satonda Island, Sangeang Island, Gili Banta, Komodo National Park - Gili Lawalaut, Lighthouse reef or the Old passage, Crystal rock, Pink beach, Cannibal rock, Three sisters, Manta alley or Takat Makasar, Batu Bolong or Tatawa Kecil - Gili Banta, Sumbawa island
10 days/9 nights, 28 dives: Moyo Island, Satonda Island, Sangeang Island, Gili Banta, Komodo National Park - Gili Lawalaut, Lighthouse reef, The old passage, Crystal Rock, Pink Beach, Three sisters or Pillarsteen, Cannibal rock, Yellow wall of Texas, Nusa Kode, Torpedo alley, Manta Alley, Loh Serah, Tatawa Kecil, Batu Bolong, Gili Darat - Satonda, Sumbawa island
- Dive sites may change according to local conditions.
- Operation in the area since 2001
- Courses available on board: from Discover Scuba Diving to Rescue Diver
- Languages spoken: English, Spanish, Indonesian on all trips, and also French on the 10 days/9 nights trip
- Maximum number of people per guide: 4 guests
- Equipment needed: 3 to 5 mm long wetsuit, dive computer, surface marker buoy and whistle, and the usual diving equipment. Hood, gloves and booties for cooler waters. Nitrox recommended.
- Insurance: Both dive insurance and travel insurance are mandatory. We recommend Dive Assure that has plans to cover both - ask us for a quote.
- Hyperbaric chamber: closest one is in Bali.